Whether you choose to paint your walls or leave them white you can still have an interesting and exciting room. Here are 5 ideas to help get you started.
- Consider you largest piece of furniture. Is it colorful or neutral? Build from that adding color if it is neutral or accent colors if it is colorful.
- Use an accent rug with colors and interesting shapes.
- Dress up a neutral sofa with pillows in bright colors or patterns.
- Artwork is a great way to draw the eye and start conversations.
- House plants add color and texture. Don't have a green thumb? use air plants that require little to no work from you.
When using accent colors remember to tie it all together for a look that is cohesive. If you have a great colorful photo on your wall use some of those colors in your pillows or other accents. A fun and exciting room doesn't have to be hard or even expensive to create.
Do you have some other ideas that have worked for you? Share them in the comments!