There comes a time in the life of a rooms decor that we grow tired of it. It no longer feels welcoming when we come home. It is just there. But you might not want to spend a large sum of money to redecorate, but you have to do something. If that is your dilemma then these five tips might be just the thing for you.
1. Replace your lampshades. Lampshades come in a wide variety of shapes, sizes and colors. Replacing the ones you have with something new and different can make a big impact on a room.
2. Switch out the photos on your walls. If you have a collage of photos try changing just one or two. Add something colorful to the mix. Or just put one new larger photo over the couch. One picture change can create a vibrant new look and feel to a room.
3. Bring in some new throw pillows. Whether you choose a vibrant color or something softer throw pillows can tie revitalize and tie a look together. Introduce some new color, patterns or textures to make a small but dramatic change to a room.
4. Don't forget about throw blankets. Besides being something warm and cozy to cuddle under, they also can add new color and texture.
5. Something small that still makes a statement is to change your light switch plates. They come in so many fun and classy colors and designs today. Choosing just one style might be difficult. If so, try mixing them up. You can even get plain wooden one to paint yourself.
Whatever you choose to do, making small changes in a room can really give it a fresh new look.
These are just a few things I have done over the years. What have you done to refresh your home in between major redesigns? Sound off in the comments.
Hi. I am Cheryl of Cheryl Day Photography. Stay tuned for my regular blog posts to keep you updated on what I am doing.